Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Supreme Commander will accept many command line switches. You can set them up in your windows shortcut, or in your GPGnet settings under Tools -> Options -> Supreme Commander -> Command Line Arguments. This is a partial list, with some explanations.
Setting up a skirmish using command lineEdit
You can automaticly launch a skirmish right after launching the game. To do that, you need to specify a map. The other switches are optionals.
- /map map_folder
- Set the map
- /faction faction
- Set your faction
- 1 = UEF
- 2 = Aeon
- 3 = Cybran
- /victory "victory_condition"
- Set victory conditions
- demoralization = Assassination
- domination = Supremacy
- eradication = Annihilation
- sandbox = Sandbox
- Set fog to None
- Set fog to Unexplored
- Set pre-build units to On
Example: SupremeCommander.exe /map SCMP_019 /faction 3 /nofog /victory "domination"
You can create your own switches :
- hook lua/SinglePlayerLaunch.lua
- go to line 175
- add your switch detection code
- if HasCommandLineArg("/gamespeed") then
- options['GameSpeed'] = GetCommandLineArg("/gamespeed", 1)
This will allow you to adjust game speed with the following switch :
- /gamespeed "gamespeed"
- Set game speed ("normal", "fast" or "adjustable")
- Opens the debugging tool at startup
- The game engine will monitor all files on the disk, and if it detects a change, it will attempt to re-load that file immediately, if possible. This allows instant in-game updates of things like unit blueprints.
- Application will exit when the game is over
- /log "log_file"
- Logs messages to the given file.
- Disable all pre-rendered movies
- Set music to Off
- Set sound to Off
- Do not test for minimum system requirements
- Performance test (same as /map PerfTest)
- /position X Y
- Set the game window position to XxY
- /prefs prefs_file
- Uses the given file for preferences instead of Game.prefs
- /profile profile
- /replay "replay_file"
- Plays the given replay file. Example: /replay "C:\My Replays\Me vs The Bad Guys.SupremeCommanderReplay"
- /savereplay "replay_file"
- Save the replay to the given file. Does not work for skirmishes started with /map map_folder - you have to hook lua/SinglePlayerLaunch.lua and edit sessionInfo.createReplay = true (in function SetupCommandLineSkirmish) for this to work.
- Shows the log window at startup
- /size X Y
- Set a XxY resolution. Example: /size 1024 768
- /windowed X Y
- Start game in a window, with a XxY resolution. ex: /windowed 1024 768