Supreme Commander will accept many command line switches. You can set them up in your windows shortcut, or in your GPGnet settings under Tools -> Options -> Supreme Commander -> Command Line Arguments. This is a partial list, with some explanations.
Setting up a skirmish using command lineEdit
You can automaticly launch a skirmish right after launching the game. To do that, you need to specify a map. The other switches are optionals.
- /map map_folder
- Set the map
- /faction faction
- Set your faction
- 1 = UEF
- 2 = Aeon
- 3 = Cybran
- /victory "victory_condition"
- Set victory conditions
- demoralization = Assassination
- domination = Supremacy
- eradication = Annihilation
- sandbox = Sandbox
- Set fog to None
- Set fog to Unexplored
- Set pre-build units to On
Example: SupremeCommander.exe /map SCMP_019 /faction 3 /nofog /victory "domination"
You can create your own switches :
- hook lua/SinglePlayerLaunch.lua
- go to line 175
- add your switch detection code
- if HasCommandLineArg("/gamespeed") then
- options['GameSpeed'] = GetCommandLineArg("/gamespeed", 1)
This will allow you to adjust game speed with the following switch :
- /gamespeed "gamespeed"
- Set game speed ("normal", "fast" or "adjustable")
- Opens the debugging tool at startup
- The game engine will monitor all files on the disk, and if it detects a change, it will attempt to re-load that file immediately, if possible. This allows instant in-game updates of things like unit blueprints.
- Application will exit when the game is over
- /log "log_file"
- Logs messages to the given file.
- Disable all pre-rendered movies
- Set music to Off
- Set sound to Off
- Do not test for minimum system requirements
- Performance test (same as /map PerfTest)
- /position X Y
- Set the game window position to XxY
- /prefs prefs_file
- Uses the given file for preferences instead of Game.prefs
- /profile profile
- /replay "replay_file"
- Plays the given replay file. Example: /replay "C:\My Replays\Me vs The Bad Guys.SupremeCommanderReplay"
- /savereplay "replay_file"
- Save the replay to the given file. Does not work for skirmishes started with /map map_folder - you have to hook lua/SinglePlayerLaunch.lua and edit sessionInfo.createReplay = true (in function SetupCommandLineSkirmish) for this to work.
- Shows the log window at startup
- /size X Y
- Set a XxY resolution. Example: /size 1024 768
- /windowed X Y
- Start game in a window, with a XxY resolution. ex: /windowed 1024 768