Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The supreme commander map editor - in it's current pre-alpha development status - is a bit complicated to use. The tools you need for map editing are found in a dialog window called "Layers", and each of these tools have one or more different property windows, and sometimes even show/hide different toolbar buttons. Don't be afraid though, with some patience and this guide you'll learn your way around quickly.
Let's start with a description of the default menu and it's submenus, followed by an in-depth look at the various tools you'll find in the "Layers" dialog window.
- New...: Creates a new map
- Open...: Opens an already existing map
- Open Recent: Shows a list of last edited maps
- Save: Save the current map
- Save As...: Save the map under a new name
- Export: Used to export various map properties and contents
- Import: Used to import them back into your map
- Exit: Closes the editor
- Undo: Undo your last operation
- Redo: Redo your last operation
- Copy: Copy to clipboard
- Paste: Paste from clipboard
- Select All: Self-explanatory
- Deselect All: Self explanatory
- Scenario...: Opens a dialog window to edit scenario options
- Layers: Shows the dialog window that contains all editing tools
- Tool: Opens the tool properties window, specific for ech tool in the layers window
- Resources: Opens the resource browser
- Console: Shows the console window
- Log: Shows the log window
- Water: Enables/Disables the display of water
- Force Decals: ?
- Gizmo: ?
- Strategic: ?
- Units: ?
- Statistics: Shows a stats menu
- Reset: ?
- AutoSnap to o-grid: snaps props and markers to the grid when moved around
- AutoSnap to land layer: ?
- Hotkeys: Shows the hotkey menu
- Run in game: quickly test your map in supcom. doesn't work in the pre-alpha :(
The layers menu is a collection of all the tools you need to edit your maps. Please see the specific subsections for a detailed explanation of each:
- Terrain Type
- Strata 1-8, lower and upper stratum
The resouce browser Edit
This window contains a collection of resources (Textures, props, decals,...) which can be used in the various tools.