Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Is there a list available which shows all the unit and building cost?
This list unit is comes from http://supcom.hacked.in/ Edit
This site is now down, and the list is no longer up to date due to the release of Forged Alliance
Forged Alliance Edit
Beginning work on integrating the new units, the new faction, and updating the icons.
- Done. They are also ordered according to their build order in respective Engineer/Factory build list. Also, according to their build categories. This is way turrets are in the defense area, while artillery and air staging in offense, and Stealth generator in Intel. This is from in game grouping, so please don't change it.
for what version of the game that list?
Unit comparison Edit
Hi, myself and a few friends would like to know if we could compile a comparison between all the units for all factions for Forged Alliance. We would use data already available on the supcom wiki. Apocza 17:17, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely! What kind of final form would you want this comparison to take? What kind of help would you need? ----TaviRider 04:29, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- The comparison would be in tabular form, specifically a unit base stat comparison (health, move speed, rate of fire etc.). Obviously comparisons can only be made between units that have a common unit type with another faction (eg. T1 Engineers, T2 Mobile shield generators. No special units or Faction specific units). This would obviously be broken up into tech levels as well as upgrade levels (eg. upgradeable shield generators). I think the best approach would be to create a separate comparison for Naval, Air, Land and Buildings. Perhaps this can be even further refined to say unit class - bot/engineer/tank etc.. Any help would be appreciated, but for now I would like to request some assistance with getting the ball rolling - specifically setting up the base pages for this undertaking so that I may begin compiling the tabular data. Perhaps a senior editor could assist. I have performed Wiki edits in the past but I am still very much a novice. I would like to suggest the Shield Generators as a starting point as this is one the unit types I have researched the most. Apocza 06:44, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Compiling the data will hopefully be the easiest part of the process. The stats in this wiki weren't entered by hand, they were collected directly from the game using a lua script. You can repurpose this script to gather complete, accurate data into your table. This is particularly important because every time there is an update many of the base stats may change. The ability to simply rerun the script to update the stats ensures this wiki doesn't get out of date.
- That said, I think the table you're looking to create may already exist. Have you seen the SupCom2 unit database? It's more complete, accurate and up-to-date than this wiki. The main drawback to the SupCom2 unit database is that it has no analysis; it's just a table full of numbers, and everyone viewing it has to compare the numbers for themselves. That's where this wiki can complement the database. It provides the deeper analysis of faction differences, particular strengths, and the effective strategies that result. So if you find that the SupCom2 unit database is what you were planning to create, perhaps you can refocus your efforts a little more toward analysis? ----TaviRider 15:49, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for the information Bob, I appreciate the insight. I have not seen that table that you linked (This Wiki is by far my favorite and I tend to shun other sources of SC:FA info :D), however, I feel we could provide a much better table. The layout I desire would be something far more detailed, providing a row by row inline comparison allowing for for quick 'self analysis' by providing a neat, readable, detailed table. Something similar to how Wikipedia tabulate their data. Obviously far more detailed for SupCom. That said, I admire you suggestion and I would be happy to assist with this. It is completely up to you, I would just be happy to assist in any way. Perhaps I can add you on GTalk so we can IM? Apocza 16:08, July 29, 2010 (UTC) 16:06, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Well... the sad truth is that I don't have very much time at all to dedicate to this wiki anymore. I just review edits once in a while, and offer advice. So I'll have to decline the GTalk idea. If the unit DB's table isn't sufficient, then by all means make something better and more useful! I suggest taking a look at how the values in a unit page are constructed using templates. You can use the same system to collect the raw data in your tables dynamically. I also suggest putting together a few different styles of tables and soliciting feedback from the wiki's users, to tune it to people's needs. ----TaviRider 03:26, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
Nice effort assembling the list! I agree with Boratsu; assembling a list (table perhaps) of logistical costs would help with planning.
Please, please, please list the cubemap surface areas of buildings! By this I mean their occupied grid zones on the map. People can then create blueprints of bases. (The Undying 10:38, August 27, 2010 (UTC))